A SUPERB effort from Kendal Men's 1s saw them storm to a 3-0 victory at University of Liverpool Men's 2s.

Despite missing a number of key players, the Greens were in great form and dominated the encounter to deservedly register their third North West Division One North win in a row.

Liverpool had started with intent, attacking down the centre of the pitch, but there was no way through.

Simon Millington controlled a resolute back line of Matt Marsten, Liam Platt and Chris Woodman throughout in what turned out to be an impeccable performance.

And captain and man of the match Aaron Screen set the tone for the game, putting in one of his best performances to date.

His constant running and combative display had the home side's midfield tied in knots.

In addition John Stanworth continued in his midfield role from last week and had another stormer.

Indeed, Kendal's first goal of the day came from a strong run from Stanworth, who passed the ball forward to Alex Hyman, who immediately slipped the ball inside his marker for Tom Cash.

And the player coach took the opportunity to register his first goal of the season with an emphatic finish through the keeper's legs.

Noah Ross, Stephen Olliver and Jack Kerr continued to look lively in the forward line and they were unlucky not to make it 2-0 when Ross's reverse stick shot was tipped inches wide by the keeper.

Then with seconds of the half remaining, Cash sent an aerial ball over the defence to Hyman at the back post.

He did brilliantly to control the pass above his head but was unable to apply the finish his touch deserved and as the half time whistle went Kendal, despite dominating the game, had just a slender 1-0 lead to show for it.

As expected, Liverpool came out of the blocks flying in the second half but were unable to get close to the Kendal penalty area.

And having soaked up the home side's attack, Kendal went on the counter.

Good work from Andy Melville led to a pass to Olliver on the edge of the D, and he shimmied left and right before smashing a fierce drive towards the back post.

Nick Davis deflected the effort towards the goal and was gutted to see his shot strike the post, but fortunately Kerr was on hand to gather the rebound and flick the ball over the keeper's head to double the Greens' lead.

And moments later, it was 3-0 as Kendal's dominant high press led to another turnover in possession.

Stanworth spotted Ross unmarked in the area and delivered a venomous strike into the D with Ross applying a deft touch to wrong foot the keeper once again.

Kendal continued to perform all over the pitch and they ran out comfortable 3-0 winners with the students barely mustering a shot on goal.

The win puts the Greens in great heart for next week's home clash against Formby 2s.

Sickness and poor finishing made it a dismal results weekend for Windermere.

Several players took the field feeling unwell for Mere’s Men’s 1s at Knutsford and not surprisingly they lost 4-0 to one of North League 2 West’s liveliest sides.

The defeat ended Mere's five-match unbeaten run.

By contrast, Windermere Men’s 2s dominated most of their NW League Div 4NN match at Garstang yet still lost 1-0, the goal coming in the first half.

At one stage Mere forced five short corners but they could not score despite a really promising performance everywhere else on the pitch.

Man of the match was young midfielder Jack Spiby.