KENDAL put Pocklington to the sword on Saturday with six tries earning them a 47-6 win at Mintbridge.

As in the away, game Pocklington started well, but it was Kendal who opened the scoring. When Pocklington lost the ball near halfway, Kris Bratton got to the ball first and showed good footballing skills to dribble half the length of the pitch and dive on top of it over the line to put Kendal 5-0 up.

Pocklington continued to have the majority of the ball, keeping it through numerous phases without really threatening a try. They opened their scoring after ten minutes with a penalty when Kendal failed to release the ball after a tackle.

Kendal came more into the game, but it took until twenty five minutes of half for the lead to be extended when a Chris Park penalty made it 8-3.

Kendal were quickly on the attack again, and a try looked certain as the ball was moved left across the field on the line, only for a Pocklington player to knock the ball down to end the move.

The forwards then drove to the line, and after a number of players had failed to get across, Jacob Sutton burrowed over for a try and Kendal were 13-3 up.

Kendal had a let off when a good Pocklington kick through saw Dini Noyo caught as he tried to run out of defence, and he was forced to concede a penalty for failing to release the ball in the tackle. The penalty kick failed, but Kendal were immediately back under pressure, as the restart kick was charged down and gathered by a Pocklington player who set off for the line. While the Kendal defence ended the initial danger, another penalty was conceded, and this time Pocklington outside half Dan Elliot made no mistake to narrow the gap to 13-6.

But it was extended again five minutes later when despite being waved back by the referee after coming up too quickly, the Pocklington defence remained offside and Park added the resulting penalty.

In injury time the lead was further extended with a third Kendal try. From a penalty lineout, the pack drove for the line with James Gough taking the ball to race over for the score. Park added the conversion with the final kick of the half taking the score to 23-6.

Kendal started the second half at pace, and quickly extended their lead. From a lineout, the throw failed to find its intended target but instead fell for Glenn Chesher who made ground, and while he was stopped, the forwards took the ball on with Sutton breaking away to score his second try.

With the home side continuing to attack, Ben Dixon made a good run down the left, and when the ball came back to Glen Weightman, he appeared to go for a gap, but then instead delivered the perfect pass to Matt Charters coming at speed to rampage through, breaking through a number of attempted tackles to score. Park's conversion had Kendal 35-6 ahead.

The final points of a burst of twenty seven points in a thirteen minute period came two minutes later. A first change was planned by Kendal, with Nathan Wooff coming on for Brett Ashley, but a quickly taken throw in kept Ashley on the field and involved in a move which set up the try of the game. The ball was moved across field, but a pass seemed to have gone astray, only for Ashley to rescue it, and when the ball was then moved to Dixon on the left wing, he again showed his speed to power down the wing to score.

After twenty five minutes Pocklington were reduced to fourteen men when hooker David Birch was yellow carded when he knocked on going for an interception to end another Kendal attack.

From the resulting lineout, the forwards drove well for the line, and the ball was then moved to Dom Musetti who crashed over for his first try for the club in his fifty-fifth game. Park's kick took the score to 47-6 and there were no further points scored in the remaining 15 minutes of play.