A HARD-FOUGHT 2-0 away win at Ibis has kept Keswick on top of the James Cropper Westmorland League Division One – but may have them in bother with the Westmorland FA.

The first half was goalless as the sides battled for supremacy, with Keswick creating the better chances but Ibis dogged in defence.

But George Frampton edged the visitors in front as they stepped up the pace after the break and Sam Reilly scored soon after to put Keswick in control – but then the game took an ugly turn.

Keswick had two players sent off and the manager was also sent from the technical area as the game spiralled out of control, but despite all the drama the league leaders closed out the second half to remain nine points clear.

In other games Appleby moved back into second place courtesy of a 3-1 win at Kirkoswald and Penrith Reserves drew 2-2 at Wetheriggs United, where the home side got on the scoresheet through Martyn Coleman and Alex Johnson but Penrith had Chris Irwin and Haydon Wilson on target.

Goals by Sean Elliot and Sam Oliver saw Castletown United win 2-0 at Endmoor KGR while Windermere and Shap drew 1-1.

Dent are level on points with Keswick Reserves at the top of Division Two after a 2-1 victory at AFC Carlisle while Keswick were drawing 3-3 with Kendal United Reserves. Nick Richmond scored twice for the leaders while Charlie Robson was also on the scoresheet, but a brace by Joe Carradus and a Declan Wilkinson strike saw Kendal pick up a point.

Ibis Reserves won 4-1 at Eden Thistle, thanks to goals from Ben Humble, Gareth Wells, Tom Willink and Tom Willacy, and Kirkby Stephen beat Greystoke 4-0 while Ambleside United edged out Staveley United 5-3.

Burneside made it 11 wins in 11 with a resounding 8-0 victory against Endmoor KGR Reserves in Division Three to put them just one point behind league leaders Penrith Academy.

Jay Hayton scored another hat trick, while Lee McNeill, Dean McNeill,Connor Crawshaw Collins, Callum Taylor and Dan Grindley completed the win.

In the final league game, Wetheriggs Reserves won 1-0 at Staveley, and in the Junior Cup Windermere Reserves won 3-2 at Langwathby, Appleby Reserves defeated Lunesdale United 5-3 and Penrith Royal edged out Braithwaite 5-4 in a shoot-out.