NETHERFIELD were left frustrated after a defeat at the hands of Garstang.

The game ended with a six-wicket loss after Punit Bisht frustrated Matt Jacksons team with a stubborn second innings knock of 92 off 109.

The Indian Professionals resistant stand proved to be the decisive moment where Garstang knocked off a competitive total of 184-9 before they closed on 185-4 off 45 overs.

The Field went into the game without a Professional following the delayed arrival of Asutosh Singh, while Matt Jackson was in charge for the first time taking over the captaincy from Ben Barrow.

Netherfield who lost the toss and were put into bat made an imposing start where both Ben Barrow and Josh Dixon posted a first wicket stand of 59.

The problem first began for Netherfield after losing a cluster of wickets where Danny Gilbert bowled Josh Dixon, Dan Bernet, and Ben Barrow while John Mason was trapped LBW by Ian Walling with Netherfield in trouble 80-4, Brad Earl and Finley Richardson pushed Netherfield ahead where they raced to 113 before Punit Bisht trapped Earl LBW.

Danny Gilbert claimed the wicket of Lee Hogg before running out Oli Wileman before Finlay Richardson who scored 42-65 departed after he was bowled by Gilbert who finished with figures of 5-60.

Louis Backhouse on debut for Morecambe fell for 1 departing to Ian Walling while Samuel Medhurst and Matt Jackson guided Netherfield to a competitive total of 184-9.

Netherfield applied pressure onto Garstang after Michael Wellings was caught behind by Finlay Richardson off the bowling of Louis Backhouse.

Michael Walling and Punit Bisht gained control of the Garstang innings and despite Dan Bernet taking the wicket of Walling, Bishts scintillating knock of 92 edged the hosts closer to victory.

Netherfield rallied when John Mason trapped Bisht LBW,while Louis Backhouse picked up his second wicket where he removed Mark Walling who was caught by Bernet.

However, Ryan Pearsons undefeated 8 and Tom Wells undefeated 6 saw Garstang to victory who closed on 185-4 off 45 overs.

On Sunday, Netherfield eased into the next round of The ECB National Club Championship when they defeated Whitehaven by 62 runs at Parkside Road.

Ben Barrow’s stunning knock of 106 off 103 balls saw Netherfield run riot where both Barrow and Josh Dixon posted a first wicket stand of 160 where Dixon scored 50 off 90 balls.

Whitehaven offered some resistance after Lewis Keeler bowled Dixon while Barrow finally departed falling to Jonathon Stewart.

Finlay Richardson’s quick fire 43 off 53 and Dan Bernets knock of 15 saw Netherfield add further runs with Richardson’s fine innings coming to an end after he departed to Andrew Cameron while Leo Sanczuk stumped Bernet off the bowling of Stewart.

Whitehaven battled gamely in their reply with Nathan Carmichaels 42 as well as knocks of 32 by Sanczuk and an undefeated 40 from Andrew Cameron.

One wicket apiece from Backhouse, Lewis Richardson, Dan Bernet, Bertie Medhurst and Oli Wileman restricted Whitehaven who closed on 180-5.

Netherfield host league champions Blackpool on Saturday before travelling to Lancaster on Sunday in the T20.