LIFE after Steve Edmondson began with a 4-0 defeat at table-topping Norcross and Warbreck for Ambleside United in Division One of the West Lancashire League.

Cliff Ramsay, who was already at the club, and Richard Close have become the new joint-managers.

So far 11 players have joined Kendal Town with Edmondson, while two others have injuries that could rule them out for the season, so it was an extremely youthful side that took to the pitch at the weekend.

It took resolute defending and some fine saves from goalkeeper Ben Wilson to prevent Norcross and Warbreck, who have won all 13 of their league matches so far this term, at bay.

After 25 minutes Mike Clark gave the home side the lead with a tap in following a mix-up in the Ambleside defence.

Before the interval Norcross added a quick double through Rick Sear to make it 3-0 at half time but the second half was far more evenly-contested.

Ryan Close and Jake Routledge had opportunities to reduce the arrears but in the dying minutes Carl Eastwood got the fourth for the league leaders to complete their victory.

Secretary of Ambleside United Rob Hunt said: “We’d like to thank Steve for all his hard work and the success he has brought to the club and we wish him every success in his new venture.

“With the local knowledge Cliff and Richard have, we are looking to keep the club moving forward and we’re looking to bring up the local talent in Ambleside and the surrounding area.”

Hunt added that consolidation in Division One of the West Lancashire League would be the aim for the rest of this season.

In Division Two Gsk Ulverston Rangers let a 2-0 lead slip as they were beaten 5-2 by Bolton County.

A John Barnes double gave the away side a great start but County responded with a brace from Linford Stewart.

Adam Farnworth then put the home side in the lead before Liam Short and Sakeel Aedullah completed victory for Bolton.

Kendal County started the year with a 2-2 draw in a game which never really got going.

After a six-week break County were rusty and went 1-0 down when Callum Coyne sprung the offside trap to slot past the keeper.

County had their opposition pegged back for more than 25 minutes in the second half and were rewarded by Joe Baker scoring a double.

But Kendal took their foot off the gas and gave a cheap penalty away with five minutes to go. Adam Smith stroked home to make it 2-2.

Milnthorpe Corinthians’ difficult season continued when they were thumped 8-1 at Todmorden Borough, with Will Cowley getting the goal for the Cumbrians.

Askam United were knocked off the top of the Division Two table when they lost 2-1 to Leyland United as an Andy Higginson penalty proved not enough for the Furness side.

Dalton United got off to a great start in Division One when they beat Mill Hill St Peters 4-1, with Gareth Jones getting his first goal after two minutes.

By the 35th minute it was 3-0 thanks to another by Jones and Sam Lightfoot, before the visitors were given hope a minute before half time thanks to Elliott Hunt.

But with eight minutes remaining Lightfoot completed his brace to give Dalton victory.