by Brett McCarten

KENDAL County sparked an Easter Monday revival against a battling Ladybridge side, three days after losing to league leaders Hurst Green.

County came from a goal behind at home to Ladybridge on Monday as the away side went 1-0 up minutes before the break.

DespiteKendal’s Joe Baker, Jason Jones and Kris Clough being a constant thorn in the side of their opponents, they could not open the scoring.

Three minutes before half-time, County’s James Williams was dispossessed, leaving the opposition to round keeper Tom Bush before tucking the ball away into an empty net.

The second half saw Kendal increase the pressure on Ladybridge, with Clough, Jones and Shane Dixon all going close.

County finally equalised when Jones bundled the ball into an empty net after a mistake by the visiting keeper.

With the momentum on Kendal’s side, they started to dominate, and the all-important County goal was eventually scored through a clinical finish by an unmarked Nathan Dixon.

Numerous chances fell Kendal’s way, but the game was eventually put to bed when Wilson fired home for his team to run out 3-1 winners in an impressive turnaround.

Saturday’s game proved to be different as County lost 2-1 to top-of-the league Hurst Green despite an encouraging performance.

Kendal drew first blood in the game through Baker’s bullet header, and went into the break one up.

Hurst Green turned the game around though when Josh Brierley evaded both County centre backs to equalise.

Hurst Green’s Sam Hayes capitalised on a Tom Bush mistake to fire the league leaders ahead, and seal the victory for his team.

Milnthorpe Corinthians still sit in last place in Division Two after they threw away a 3-0 lead at half time.

Their goals through Jake Miles, Jason Dickinson, and an own goal were surrendered as Askam dominated the second half.

Braces for Callum Raynor, Jordan Rayner and goals for Ryan Brown, Dave Edwards and Kyle Jefferson were enough to give Askam a lengthy success despite the scare in the first half.

Division Two outfit Gsk Ulverston Rangers edged past Croston Sports 1-0 with Steve Errington scoring the only goal of the game.

In Division One Ambleside United found themselves on the wrong side of a 3-0 loss when Furness Rovers’ Chris Lowe fired a hat-trick past the United keeper.

Ambleside started slowly, but they soon got into the game, playing some good football before the half-time break.

Keenan Quill thought he scored the opener in the second half, but the goal was ruled out for offside. A couple of defensive lapses later and the away side were in front as a young United team began to show their inexperience.

Ambleside continued to miss chances and were punished as Furness’ Lowe bagged his second and third of the game.

Dalton United’s weekend didn’t go to plan either as Danny Leech’s goal and Gareth Jones’ brace wasn’t enough to give them the win as they lost 4-3 to Burscough Richmond.

Easter Monday gleaned a better result though as they picked up the three points thanks to a Leech double which inspired his team to a 3-0 victory away to Lytham Town.