AFTER their impressive exploits in the longer form of the game Netherfield have been crowned the Tommy Wilson Twenty 20 winners after a dramatic win over Fulwood and Broughton.

The victory rounds off an impressive few month for the side, who have picked up some impressive results since cricket resumed earlier this summer.

This also marks the third consecutive week Netherfield has won on fewer wickets lost.

Praise was given to Sam Medhurst who stood out as the match winner.

The young opener picked up a stunning second innings score of 5-17.

His figures also included the prize wicket of County cricketer Simon Kerrigan who fell for a first ball duck.

This was followed by a crucial contribution of 21 provided by Josh Dixon. 20 more were added on by Oli Wileman.

The Field made an impressive start with the second innings after Samuel Medhurst bowled both Mark Smith and Simon Kerrigan.

Fulwood and Broughton toiled on 0-2 off the first over.

Fulwood fought back with a resistant third wicket stand of 34 between Matt Smith and Dominic Jackson.

Matthew Newbys’ knock also proved crucial at this stage of the game.

Netherfield though secured the win in the last over as Fulwood were bowled out for 97 after Matt Jackson ran out Zach Proctor to secure the win.

The Field won the toss and elected to bat first, and this allowed them to start strongly as Ben Barrow and Theo Gallagher posted a stand of 22 for the first wicket.

Matthew Smith bowled Ben Barrow for a knock of 17.

Dominic Jackson claimed the wickets of Brad Earl and Theo Gallagher whilst left Netherfield under some pressure on 43-3.

Jackson finished with three wickets following the dismissal of Finlay Richardson however Oli Wileman and Dixon both put on a crucial partnership which saw Netherfield move their score along to 78.

Fulwood claimed a further wicket when Wileman was stumped by Mark Smith off the bowling of Matthew Hurst.

Dixon fell to Hurst soon after.

Netherfield closed on 97-6 off 20 overs.

Samuel Medhurst who claimed two wickets in the first over after he dismissed Mark Smith.

The hosts recovered after Jackson and Matthew Smith brought their score onto 35.

Netherfield’s patience led to Jackson picking out Dixon following a tempting delivery by Isaac Medhurst.

Fulwood continued to stay in the game before Oli Wileman saw off both Ben Parkinson and Christopher Ward while Samuel Medhurst trapped Matthew Smith LBW for 34.

Medhurst closed with figures of 5-17. Fenton was then caught behind by Finlay Richardson.

Once Richardson ran out Matthew Newby for 27 the game went into the final over.

As Fulwood edged closer to the win, Matt Jackson ran out Zach Proctor on the last delivery of the game as Netherfield celebrated a stunning victory as champions.