KENDAL Town suffered their fourth consecutive league defeat after they picked up no points over Bank Holiday Weekend.

The Club has also announced the appointments of Nico Noreci and Scott O Callaghan as the new management team for the Clubs youthful reserve team.

Both Niko and Scott have a wealth of experience in local football, while Niko has managed Westmorland League Clubs such as Burneside, Staveley United and Endmoor, while also playing for Kendal Countys Reserves.

KENDAL: Niko Noreci and Scott O Callaghan join the club

KENDAL: Niko Noreci and Scott O Callaghan join the club

Scott has also been involved in the local football scene for many seasons while he also played for Kendal Towns First team a few seasons ago.

Unfortunately the Mintcakes lost 4-1 at 1874 Northwich on Saturday before losing 2-0 to Colne on Bank Holiday Monday.

Kendal was left in an impossible situation at Northwich when Morgan Bacon was sent off after 3 minutes and it was the dismissal which saw Kendal concede 4 unanswered goals as they crashed to a 4-1 defeat.

However, on Bank Holiday Monday Kendal were left to pay the price for missed opportunities after they somehow lost 2-0 to Colne.

Kendal hit the bar on numerous occasions and saw a number of efforts saved by the visiting keeper, before goals by Tyler Hornby Forbes and Reece Webb Foster saw Kendal slump to second from bottom in the table.

At the weekend Kendal travelled to newly promoted 1874 Northwich keen to bounce back from their defeat against Ramsbottom United on Tuesday night.

However, Kendal’s well worked plans were thrown out after just 3 minutes when Bacon came out for a back pass by Jack Patrick before the Town shot stopper felled one of the Northwich players outside the box which resulted in Bacon being shown a straight red card.

KENDAL: Mintcakes suffer fourth defeat (Report and photographs by Richard Edmondson)

KENDAL: Mintcakes suffer fourth defeat (Report and photographs by Richard Edmondson)

And with no substitute keeper Tom Fagan who usually plays in defence had to go in goal.

Northwich capitalised on Kendal’s misfortune and opened the scoring soon after when goals by Jack Irlam, Michael Koral and Jake Parker saw the hosts go 3-0 up at the break.

However, Kendal still created opportunities during the first half with Greg Mc Caragher and Eric Yahaya going close.

The host went onto score their fourth after 60 minutes when Scott McGowan fired past the stand in keeper, while Kendal continued to play and create opportunities before finally being rewarded after Yahaya scored in injury time as Kendal lost 4-1.

With Kendal keen to bounce back from Saturday’s defeat there were a number of changes to the starting eleven where Chris Humphrey played the full ninety minutes in the Bank Holiday Monday game against Colne.

And Humphreys introduction helped as Kendal dominated a Colne team who had invested a lot of money into their starting eleven.

The Mintcakes started the game and should have been 2-0 up within the first 20 minutes after Eric Yahaya headed the ball over from close range while Chris Wraighte fired his effort over the bar.

Kendal continued to dominate and missed a glorious chance after a good ball in from Chris Humphrey fell to Yahaya who spurned his effort wide of the post.

KENDAL: Mintcakes suffer fourth defeat (Report and photographs by Richard Edmondson)

KENDAL: Mintcakes suffer fourth defeat (Report and photographs by Richard Edmondson)

And the missed opportunities proved decisive moments later when a ball into the area was fired into the net by Taylor Hornby Forbes on 38 minutes.

Kendal continued to press with Shaun Gardner firing wide, before the visitors missed two chances of their own after William Habler Creece fired over with Tom Deans free header just going over from close range.

Kendal again created all the chances during the second half with Yahayas shot scrambled clear by the Colne defence before the talisman headed wide from Chris Humphreys cross.

Shaun Gardner and Yahaya hit the bar, as Kendal pressed for the equaliser while the Colne keeper showed composure to collect a number of dangerous deliveries by Humphreys.

However, with just ten minutes left Colne scored their second with Reece Webb Foster firing in from close range as they ran out 2-0 winners in a lively contest which Kendal were left to wonder how they ended up losing.

Kendal will next play two home games as they host Warrington Town in a huge FA Cup First Qualifying Round tie before they host Prescot Cables on Tuesday.