KENDAL Rugby added to their two previous impressive performances with a third consecutive victory against Altrincham Kersal.

Coming into the match on maximum points, they faced hosts Altrincham who were coming off a draw with a try scoring bonus point in their opening home match against Glossop, followed by a double bonus point from a narrow high scoring loss at Carlisle.

Kendal started well and secured themselves an early lead.

Altrincham Kersal managed to steal the ball from Kendal, only for it to be taken back shortly after.

While Chris Park was stopped with a high tackle, it was Glen Weightman who took the kick to claim the 3-0 lead in the first two minutes.

Altrincham fought back and claimed a try two minutes after Kendal's successful start.

The opponents dominated the field with Kendal spending a lot of their time in defence.

When the team managed to escape their half, a series of balls being dropped and poor options meant chances which had led to tries in the past two games were missed.

After twenty minutes there was a further injury blow for Kendal with prop Hugh Davies being forced to go off, so Tom Moulton made an earlier than expected entry into the game.

Kendal started the second half well but their scrum was put under some pressure after losing Davies, with others carrying injuries.

However, it was the Altrincham scrum which was disrupted and the ball turned over.

The ball was moved right with Danny Barker making ground, before finding Ben Dixon who got a pass away to Alistair Thompson for Kendal’s opening try. 10-8.

Soon after this was added to by Steven Nelson and another kick from Park who made the score 10-15.

Following another try for Altrincham, Kendal regained the lead when Greg Wrathall gathered the re-start kick and put his side on the attack.

Altrincham were caught offside, rather than look for a kick to touch for a lineout, Park was given a difficult kick at goal and the ball crept over to give Kendal the lead again 15-18.

After raising the scores to 22-25 for Kendal, the Cumbrian side held out for their third consecutive victory of the season, and further cementing themselves in second place in the league.