KENDAL Town suffered another pair of defeats against league leaders Marine and against Trafford.

Warren Beatties first game in charge ended in defeat after Kendal Town lost 2-0 to league leaders Marine at Parkside Road on Tuesday night.

However, despite the defeat, the new man at the helm was praised for his performance and the team made Marine work for their win especially during the second half where the pressure was on.

Three new players made their debut for the squad in the Tuesday night game after both Ryan Salmon and Will Higham started, while Gary Basterfield was on the bench.

Salmon and Basterfield making their return to Parkside Road, after previously playing for the club back in 2017/2018 respectively. Marine made an imposing start and were nearly 1-0 up after six minutes when Lewis Reilly saw his deflected effort go wide of the post while Mark Howarth saw his effort crash off the cross bar from a corner.

However, the visitors opened the scoring on 22 minutes after Alex Doyles free kick went all the way through the Kendal defence before falling into the net.

And Marine made it 2-0 one minute later after Neil Kengni smashed the ball into the top corner with a stunning finish.

Kendal battled and almost caught Marine on the counter attack only to be denied by a strong challenge from James Barrigan.

Marine had all of the possession before Lewis Reilly forced a fine point blank save from Oliver Lombard in the Kendal goal, before Owen Watkinson saw his cross deflected wide for a corner.

Kendal began to impose themselves during the second half and nearly got back into the game after Jordan Scotts effort on goal was superbly saved by Bayleigh Peasent, while Peasent was on hand again after he forced another fine save this time from Jack Milburn whose deflected effort on goal was parried over the bar.

Marine controlled the remainder of the second half, although Kendal when in possession continued to cause more problems after Chris Wraighte fired a tame shot into the hands of Peasent.

The visitors could have scored their third from Kengni soon after while Lewis Reilly was denied by a last-ditch challenge from the Kendal defence.

Kendal almost caught Marine out on the counter attack as they continued to battle on despite being 2-0 down.

However, Marine saw the game out as Kendal fell to defeat as they now get set for the huge relegation six pointer against Market Drayton at Parkside Road on Saturday.

Kendal Town lost 4-2 at Trafford on Saturday, in Jordan Scotts last game in interim charge of the team.

The Mintcakes paying the price for a poor start after Jack Dorneys penalty and a brace by Max Hazledine saw Kendal 3-0 down within the first 33 minutes.

Kendal showed great spirit and pulled the game back after Matthew Marsh and Darren Nightingale scored just before half time.

Trafford though went onto extend their lead through Alfie Belcher with the hosts seeing the game out.