THE Mintcakes have seen their streak of losses extended following their 1-0 loss at the hands of City of Liverpool at The Mortgages by Mcateer Stadium.

Unfortunately for Kendal Town, the second half saw them denied a vital penalty for a hand ball when it was handled by one of the City of Liverpool players.

Kendal for all their endeavour never threatened Aidan Dowling in the City of Liverpool goal who dealt with all deliveries into the area, while the visitors saw Jack Hazlehurst miss a penalty before the club captain headed the ball home from close range four minutes before half time.

City Of Liverpool created the better openings with McClenaghan making some good saves, while Kendal had spells of possession all of which were managed by a well-disciplined defence.

Kendal went into the game keen to stop the rot but despite starting well and building early pressure, David Woodruffs team were dealt a blow after Cameron Gourley went off injured after 14 minutes.

City of Liverpool were soon in control as they created some glorious opportunities where James Murphy headed over from close range while Josh Quarless headed the ball wide.

The visitors were then awarded a penalty following a foul in the area before James Mc Clenaghan denied Hazlehurst who saw his effort before Kendal’s defence scrambled clear.

However, City of Liverpool continued to pressure where a delivery in by Zenon Bahula was intercepted by a Kendal defender as the ball went over for a corner.

And with just four minutes left before half time City of Liverpool edged in front after good work by Bahula saw him cut inside from the left where he crossed a ball into Hazlehurst who headed home from close range.

Kendal attempted to apply pressure during the second half, where Donte Thompson Prempeh came on to replace Kian Makepeace.

Thompson Prempeh’s presence caused more problems, however City of Liverpool’s defence held firm.

City of Liverpool continued to create further chances in a largely disjointed second half where Jack Hazlehurst missed two opportunities before Michael Monaghan saw his efforts on goal saved by McClenaghan.

Zenon Bahula’s pace proved to be another challenge for Kendal to handle as the game started to drift away from David Woodruff's team.

However, the main talking point came late into the second half after Kendal were denied a penalty kick after the ball bounced off the hand of a City of Liverpool player.

To the surprise of everyone, the referee waved play on as Kendal were left frustrated and despite further effort and endeavour by Kendal, the visitors saw out the game as Kendal’s slump continued.

Kendal travel to play Market Drayton Town on Saturday in a battle of the bottom two teams.