KENDAL Town have picked up a point following a draw against Northwick before another defeat which took them to fourteen losses.

They picked up the point over the Easter weekend after they drew 0-0 with 1874 Northwich on Saturday before losing 2-0 at Workington on Easter Monday.

There were plenty of positive performances from the Mintcakes in both games, where they more than held their own against two good teams.

Kendal made a strong start in Saturday’s game against 1874 Northwich where both Eric Yahaya and Donte Thompson Prempeh caused early problems for the visitors.

Northwich were dangerous on the break where Scott McGowan created their best opportunity in a relatively tight first half.

The game opened up during the second half after Joe Woolley, Sam Hare and Matthew Fenton nearly scored for the visitors, while Woolley missed the best chance blazing over from close range.

Kendal created opportunities of their own after Chris Wraighte and Kian Makepeace fired at the keeper, while Darren Nightingale headed the ball over the bar from a deep corner into the box.

Northwich thought they had won the game deep into stoppage time after Joe Woolley headed the ball into the net

However thankfully for Kendal, the goal was ruled out for offside, as Kendal picked up their first point since New Year’s Day.

Kendal keen to build on Saturdays performance frustrated title chasing Workington Reds on Easter Monday where two stunning free kicks by Conor Tinion proved to be the difference as the hosts ran out 2-0 winners.

Workington made a bright start and could have gone 1-0 up in the first minute after Nico Evangelinos was denied by James Mc Clenaghan in the Kendal goal while Scott Fenwick snatched at a loose ball inside the area and put it over the bar.

There was a controversial moment after ten minutes when Matty Clarke was fouled by Kendal’s Tommy Grindrod and reacted with a head-to-head response.

However, the referee only gave Clarke a yellow card while Kendal felt the incident deserved a straight red card. Workington opened the scoring on 29 minutes after Conor Tinnion curled in a superb free kick into the top corner.

Once ahead it became a scrappy, messy affair with Kendal having a great chance to level matters just before half-time.

Dan Wordsworth played a ball short to Jim Atkinson allowing Erik Yahaya to nip in and although he tried to fashion a shooting opportunity the home keeper did well to dive at his feet and grab the ball.

There were few opportunities for either side in the second half although Kendal, destined for relegation, were holding their own.

It took a second piece of brilliance from Tinnion to double the Reds lead and give them some degree of control where he fired in another unstoppable free kick.

Workington searched for their third goal where Ruben Jerome shot straight at James Mc Clenaghan after he was played in on goal.

Kendal though fell to defeat as they host Widnes on Saturday in the last game of the season.