Kendal's Under 18s took the coach to Manchester for their first game since the end of November.

The fixture was the Quarter Final of the Halbro Frank Morgan Senior Colts U18 Lancashire Cup and attracted a healthy number of travelling supporters. An early penalty against Kendal saw Manchester venture into the Kendal half but some good defence from the lads led to a penalty, which Aaron Stephens used to gain valuable ground. A maul followed that fell short of the line but relentless picking and going from the base of the ruck led to Captain, Barney Coxon getting the score.

The rest of the half saw Kendal camped in the opposition's half with Manchester defending well but unable to get out of their half. Midway through, another try from Barney Coxon resulted from a short pick-and-go. Half-time Manchester 0 - 10 Kendal.

The second half started much in the same vein with Kendal dominating possession and territory but unable to convert this into points, leaving the spectators feeling a bit tense!

A carbon copy of tries one and two followed, with Barney Coxon scoring under the posts from a short distance after picking up from the ruck and diving over to complete his hat trick. Aaron Stephens slotted the conversion kick and the watching Kendal supporters started to relax.

A few minutes later, Kendal scored the best try of the game with good forward work followed by clinical hands out wide. Luke Atkinson on the wing got the score, which Aaron Stephens again converted.

The final try came from a nifty kick from Aaron Stephens with an equally good chase from Idris Hill who tackled the receiving Manchester player over his own try line. A solid 5-metre scrum saw no.8 Patrick Wolstenholme pick and score under the posts. Aaron Stephens completed the score line with this final conversion.

A great display in attack and defence against a good Manchester outfit playing right to the final whistle.

Manchester gave Kendal's Charlie Lowther (pictured with the ball) the Man of the Match award.

The Colts have been rewarded with a home draw for the Semi Final against Firwood Waterloo on Sunday 19th March.