Storm Brian ripped through the James Cropper Westmorland Football League as well as The Junior Cup and Senior Cup competitions as many games were called off due to waterlogged playing surfaces.

In the games that did survive the weather, Endmoor KGR eased into the next round of the Senior Challenge Cup following a 3-0 win against Coniston. James Halton opened the scoring before goals by Brad Thompson and Dean Sill rounded off a comfortable performance.

In the first round of the Junior Cup, Keswick Reserves progressed into the second round after a comfortable 5-1 home win against Greystoke. In the other games, Burneside picked up an emphatic 7-2 victory against Lunesdale United while Staveley United defeated Ambleside United Reserve 5-1.

Keswick surged six points clear at the top of Division One following a comfortable 4-1 win at Ibis, while Wetherigg United routed Kendal County Reserve 5-0. Kie Cooke scored a brace before Alex Johnson, Lewis Windle and Simon Brough completed the scoring.

In Westmorland League Division Two, Eden Thistle won 5-2 at AFC Carlisle, and Kendal United Reserves edged out Ullswater United 4-3. Matt Kennedy scored a brace before Declan Wilkinson and Cameron Toal-Lim eased James Pattison's team to a much needed win, before Dent moved five points clear at the top after a 6-1 win against Windermere SC Res.

Kirkby Stephen went goal crazy in Westmorland League Division Three in a stunning 16-1 win at second from bottom Penrith Saints.

Callum Holmes and Daniel Rob both scored twice in the first half while Damian McNaughton, Dan Hallam, and Scott Ostle eased Kirkby Stephen into a 7-0 lead at half time.

The visitors scored nine more goals during the second half as McNaughton and Hallam both scored a hat trick which saw them end with five goals each before further strikes by Ostle, Paul Bibby and Oliver Smith rounded off a dominant display.

Ibis Reserves remained two points behind the leaders after a hard fought 3-2 win at Penrith Academy, as Korkoey Flamor Young scored twice with Matt Gibson also on the score sheet.

Kirkoswald Reserves and Endmoor KGR Reserves battled out a 3-3 draw, while Penrith Royal defeated Penrith Town 3-1.