KENDAL RUFC ended a run of three games without a win as they won away at Morley in a high-scoring encounter.

After trailing Morley in the early exchanges, a tactical change paid dividends as Kendal ran out 46-22 winners in West Yorkshire.

The home side took the lead when a Glen Weightman kick was intercepted, with the ball eventually being worked to No.8 Ollie Flegg who was driven over. With no conversion, Morley led 5-0.

Shortly after the blow of losing Dom Musetti to injury, Kendal drew level. A lineout deep in Morley territory was won and play was moved across the field to a well-placed Kris Bratton who went over for the try.

Morley had their lead back, however, when Kendal were penalised for holding up a scrum, a second scrum saw the home side drive over for another unconverted try to make it 10-5.

With five minutes of the first half to play, Matthew Kaye was switched to the wing with Dini Noyo moving to scrum half, and the team suddenly stepped up several gears.

After excellent build up play, Danny Barker made a good run down the wing and got the ball away to Noyo who went over. Chris Park’s conversion put Kendal in the lead for the first time at 12-10

The Morley restart kick failed to go ten metres and Kendal worked a scrum for Kaye to go over and make it 17-10 at half time.

A Weightman kick relieved some Morley pressure at the start of the second half, and Kaye was released again on the wing to get his second try, which Park converted, and then added a penalty to make it 27-10.

A powerful Chris Downham run led to another try, again converted by Park, before Morley fullback Dante van der Merwe skilfully got the hosts' first score of the half, and they added a converted try shortly after the restart to make it 34-22.

After the previous kick off had gone wrong, the next one worked perfectly, with Will Montgomery gathering Weightman’s kick, then powering up the right touchline. While he was eventually stopped, the ball was moved into the centre of the field where Weightman put an excellently judged kick back into the right hand corner. A Morley player initially seemed to have it covered, only for Bratton to pluck it out of the air to go over for a try that Chris Park converted.

The quick fire spell of twenty-six points in just eight minutes ended, and while both teams had chances to score there was just one more try. More good handling, and a break by Liam Hayton, saw Matty Houghton score in the left hand corner to make the final score 46-22.