When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Westmorland and Lonsdale (House of Commons)
Mr Tim Farron MP (Liberal Democrat)
Surgery: Advice Surgeries 2013/14
Saturday 20 July 10:00:00 - 11:00 Windermere Library
Friday 26 July 4:00-5 *Tim is likely to arrive at 4:30 The Foyer, Kendal
Friday 2 August 4:00-5 *Tim is likely to arrive at 4:30 St Thomas' Church, Milnthorpe
Friday 30 August 4:00 - 6:00 Kendal ASDA
Friday 6 September 10:00 - 11:00 Sedbergh Community Offices
Saturday 21 September 10:00 - 11:00 Kendal Castle St Centre
Monday 30 September 4:00 - 5:00 Ambleside Kelsick Centre
Friday 04 October 4:00 - 6:00 Kendal Morrisons
Friday 18 October 10:00 - 11:00 Grange Victoria Hall
Friday 25 October 10:00 - 11:00 The Foyer, Kendal
Saturday 09 November 10:00 - 11:00 Windermere Library
Saturday 16 November 10:00 - 12:00 Morrisons Kendal
Friday 29 November 4:00 - 6:00 Kendal ASDA
Friday 06 December 10:00 - 11:00 Kirkby Lonsdale Library
Friday 20 December 2013 4:00 - 5:00 Kendal Castle St Centre
Friday 10 January 2014 4:00 - 6:00 Kendal ASDA
Saturday 18 January 2014 10:00 - 11:00 Methodist Church, Milnthorpe
Friday 24 January 2014 4:00 - 6:00
Surgery Tel: 01539 723403
MP Since - 2005 Majority - 12,264 Born - 27/05/1970, Married (Rosie), 1 son (Jude), 2 daughters (Isabella and Grace).
Education - Lostock Hall School, Preston, Runshaw Tertiary College, Leyland, Newcastle University.
Previous Occupation - Higher Education Manager - St Martin's College, Ambleside, Lancaster and Carlisle.
Personal Overview - Education centred local politician who achieved an excellent result in the 2005 General Election to oust former Tory front-bencher Tim Collins, the second time he had stood for the constituency. His prior electoral success was most prominent at Newcastle University where he became in 1991 the first Liberal Democrat President of Newcastle University Union. His role also saw him feature on the National Union of Students National Executive where he tended more to the left of the organisation's then leadership (President Stephen Twigg, Vice President Lorna Fitzsimmons). Became Menzies Campbell's PPS in 2006 on his becoming party leader, a role which came to an end following his leader's resignation in October 2007. Stood down from his post in March 2008 in order to defy his party and support holding a referendum on the European Reform Treaty. Returned to a senior posting on the Liberal Democrat Front Bench in October 2008, a sign perhaps that the Liberal Democrat leadership need all the party's talents at their disposal. He did not however manage to translate this into a coalition Government role in 2010. He announced in late May that he would be standing for the party's deputy leadership following the decision of Vince Cable to stand down and concentrate on his Ministerial role. He lost out in the race to Simon Hughes, but in the process put down a marker showing potential future ambition. He was however elected Party President in November 2010, defeating the former MP for Richmond upon Thames Susan Kramer.
Political History - President, Newcastle University Student Union (1991-92), Councillor, Lancashire County Council (1993-2000), South Ribble Borough Council (1995-99), Parliamentary Candidate, Westmorland & Lonsdale (2001), Member for Westmorland & Lonsdale (2005-). Member of the Education & Skills Select Committee (2005-06), member of the Environmental Audit Select Committee (2006-07). Member of the European Scrutiny Select Committee (2010-13). Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Party Leader Menzies Campbell (2006-07). Shadow Minister for the Home Office (2007), Shadow Minister for the Countryside (2007-08). Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (2008-10). Liberal Democrat Party President (2010-).
Characteristics - Member, Lakes Line User Group, St Thomas' Church, Milnthorpe, Liberal Democrat Christian Forum, Cumbria Wildlife Trust, Association of University Teachers. Leisure interests - playing and watching football (Blackburn Rovers FC), reading, walking, psephology (the study of elections), music. School Governor, Dallam School, Milnthorpe. Chairman, South Cumbria NHS Inquiry.
Business Tel: 0207 219 8498
Interests: Education & Training,Health
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Ageing and Older People (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Agro-Ecology (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Carers (Vice Chairman)
- Christians in Parliament Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Continence Care (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Faith and Society (Vice Chairman)
- Food and Drink Manufacturing Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Gypsy Roma Travellers (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hill Farming (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Home Education (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on International Corporate Responsibility: Business, Human Rights and the Environment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Middle Way Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Motor Neurone Disease (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Mountain Rescue (Vice Chairman)
- Mountaineering Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Recognition of Munitions Workers (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Muscular Dystrophy (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on National Parks (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Ovarian Cancer (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Save the Pub Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Shooting and Conservation (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Social Care (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Street Children (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Sustainable Relationships (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Depleted Uranium (Member)
- West Coast Main Line Group (Member)
North West (European Parliament)
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 1977. Married.
Education - Savio High School. Hugh Baird College. North Lincolnshire College (HND Sport Science) Edge Hill University BA (Hons) History. Liverpool Hope University, MA History. City and Guilds 7307 Teaching Qualification. Certificate in Education. Liverpool Hope University, PhD History (Pending).
Previous Occupation - History Lecturer at Hugh Baird College (2002-06). Lecturer in History at Liverpool Hope University (2003-06). European Parliamentary Assistant and Political Advisor to John Whittaker MEP (2006-08).
Personal Overview - Effectively replaced former UKIP MEP John Whittaker at the 2009 European Elections who he had worked for as an assistant at the Parliament for several years. Has an academic background as a lecturer in the Merseyside area. Politically, he has achieved relatively rapid promotion within the party in recent years, becoming Party Chairman in 2008. In terms of European politics, he has gained experience through his work for John Whittaker MEP, he has also acted as a political consultant to Godfrey Bloom MEP and has been Editor of the Bulletin from Brussels Magazine. As well as opposing Britain's membership of the European Union, his political interests include campaigning against political correctness as well as campaigning to save post offices and British pubs.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2004). General Election candidate for Bootle (2005). Candidate for Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council (2006,07,08). Chairman of South Sefton UKIP Branch (2005-2006). Secretary of Young Independence (2008-). Political Consultant to Godfrey
Bloom MEP (2008-09). Chairman of UKIP (2008-). MEP North West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2009-). Substitute member of the Committee on Culture and Education (2009-11).
Other Information - Member of the Executive Council of the United Commonwealth Society (2007-). Member of the Campaign Against Political Correctness (2006-). Member of the Freedom Association.
Intergroups - N/a.
Interests: Saving Post Offices from closure,Campaigning against Political Correctness
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com