STRIKER Mark Jackson's fourth goal in four games helped Kendal Town secure their first win of pre-season in a 2-0 victory over Colne.

Jackson has hit the ground running in his third spell with the Mintcakes after bagging a goal in the opening friendly against AFC Fylde and a brace against Longridge Town.

And it was the in-form attacker who opened the scoring against the North West Counties Football League Premier Division outfit at Parkside Road on Tuesday night.

Isaac Kusaloko, who featured in Town's pre-season last campaign, sealed the win with a well-taken second-half strike.

Following the disappointment of Saturday's match against Thackley being called off due to a waterlogged pitch, Town boss Dave Foster was delighted his side got their first win of the season under their belt.

"It was a really good work out for us," he said. "Credit to Colne who have come up here and given us a good game.

"It's fantastic to get a win and to hopefully start building that habit in the run up to the opening fixture of the season.

"Players are still getting used to the system and to each other but I was really happy with some of the football we played."

Colne had the better of the opening 15 minutes as chances fell to both Jason Hart and Brandon Barksi as the teams  began to settle into the match.

But it was Kendal who looked the most likely to score as they began to take control of the first-half.

Energetic midfielder Danny Wisdom knicked the ball off a Colne midfielder on the edge of their own box and fired a left-foot drive that just whizzed past the post of 'keeper Dom Novati on 18 minutes.

Pressure was being exerted on the Colne goal but Novati had little to do as his defence stood firm.

It was prolific striker Jackson, who last year played for Skelmersdale United, who broke the deadlock on the 40 minute mark.

Jackson found space in between Colne's midfield and defence and slipped in Kusaloko, who signed from Evo-Stik North side Prescot Cables early in the summer.

His right-footed effort was clawed away by Novati but the ball fell nicely into the path of Jackson who slotted home into the bottom left corner with a well-controlled volley.

Kusaloko had the chance to double the lead minutes after but his shot was fired into the side-netting with options waiting in the centre.

Danny Forbes, who was recently released by Preston North End, replaced Ricky Mercer and trialist Martin Poole came on for Kieran Pickup at half-time as Foster looked to give some game time to new recruits. 

Kusaloko's pace was causing all sorts of problems for the Colne defence but he couldn't find an end product after battling past a few tackles and driving again into the side-netting.

The tricky winger finally got his goal as a clearance was charged down by Mercer's brother Gregg Trimbell on the 67 minute mark.

The ball fell kindly to Kusaloko who rifled a left-footed shot off the underside the bar to give Town a 2-0 victory.